We all know that moving isn’t the most relaxing time in our lives. At BMS Transport, we help as much as we can by making this process as stress-free as possible. Here are some tips for you help:
Packing your Clothes
- Don’t fold your clothes. Roll them up and stack them into boxes.
- Use shower caps to pack your shoes.
- Place small objects in your shoes to maximise space gain.
- Use vacuum seal bags and compress them with your out of season clothes inside. It also makes them easy to recognise to put them away when unpacking.
- Use any bedding, towels, blankets, curtains and linens for wrapping and padding your furniture and small items.
Packing your Jewellery
- To keep your necklaces from tangling, place them in between two sheets of plastic air and remove the air bubbles.
- Pack earrings by clipping them to button holes on a button.
- Place your jewellery and small valuables in a standalone bag and keep them with you for safe keeping.
- Refrain from packing them with your clothes.
- Store earrings and rings in pill cases. You can also use other small containers and even egg cartons.
Packing your Furniture
- Place towels under furniture that have no legs. This makes it easier to move the furniture about, especially if it’s heavy.
- If the furniture does have legs, wrap them with a few layers of newspaper and duct tape. This makes the furniture easier to move around as well as protects your floors from being scratched.
- Unscrew any handles that stick out to avoid them snapping off or scratching any walls.
- Wrap chest of drawers in plastic wrap. Secure the wrap with a couple of loops of duct tape to ensure the wrap stays intact.
- Keep your mattress clean by placing two sheets either side. You can then place the sheets in the washing machine so they are clean again
Call us today to enquire about how we can help you move into your new home today!