Small Removal Box for packing compact or heavy items like photo albums, CDs, books, dishes, glassware, etc.
Medium Removal Box Use the medium size for packing mid-weight items like kitchen appliances, toys, or shoes.
Large Removal Box Use the large size for packing lighter, bulkier items,
such as towels, bedding, cushions, or clothing if you do not put in bin bag planning a move can be difficult, but you don’t have to give in to the stress. Removal Boxes can help you manage your move like a pro from start to finish.
Moving Check List Check off daily tasks to keep your move on track.
Box Selection establish which size removal boxes is best for packing your belongings.
- Room by room, sort through property and choose what to keep
- Donate or throw away any items you no longer need
- Return borrowed items to neighbours and friends
- Start packing non-essential things
- Arrange packed items and sealed boxes in one corner of each room
To begin, you will need boxes, cushioning materials such as bubble wrap and packing paper, scissors, Stanley knife, box labels, permanent markers, tape.
- Start packing in a space that is not often used such as a cellar or garage
- Set up a folding table so you can pack boxes at a comfy height
- Pack heavier items at the bottom of a box and more fragile items near the top
- Line the bottom of the box with cushioning materials such as bubble wrap, packing tissue, or even paper towels
- Wrap fragile items in bubble wrap or tissue paper before packing them up
- Fill open spaces inside your box with towels or linens to minimize the risk of damage
- Top off the box with more cushioning materials before you seal it up
- Write or place a fragile sticker on boxes with fragile items
- Keep the weight of each box below 20 kgs if this is not possible write heavy on the box
- Avoid placing items from different rooms in the same box when unpacking it will be easier to have things in correct room and save on leg work around the house
- List the room which the box should be placed and box contents on a label for each box
- Mark both the top and side of the box for easy recognition
- Label the removal boxes that need to be unpacked first with a different colour marker